1. Trying to invent a device that electrocutes your husband’s penis when your child cries and he sleeps through it, is an OK way to spend the time you’re up in the middle of the night feeding the baby. Normal thing to think about, really.
2. I don’t care if your kid sleeps in a drop-side crib in East Detroit and the only sling you own is from when you broke your arm freestyle walking. If you have ever taken a dump with a 42lb toddler on your lap or while nursing an infant, you are practicing Attachment Parenting. You’re disgusting, but totally AP.
3. If you have more than one kid, the older one(s) really has you by the nuts when you’re nursing the other one. I find this to be especially true during the first feed of the morning when you are exhausted and half naked. You’re basically helpless and that means your oldster can do things like:
- Shove a jar of caterpillars in your face while jumping on the bed (this is as upsetting as it sounds and, PS, what kind of an effing idiot buys their kid a butterfly hatching kit??? This guy, that's who.)
- Run into the backyard completely nude under the guise of letting out the dogs
- Wipe cheeto dust (probably the organic sort of breakfast cheetos you just haven’t heard of yet, back up off me) on your pumping bra while trying it on and insisting that she too has milk in her boobs